Fuel pump questions

George M. Dailey gmd at tecinfo.com
Fri Dec 12 18:31:38 GMT 1997

No. Since there is no oxygen in the tank, there can be no rapid
combustion... AKA EXPLOSION. Intank pumps have been for at least 15 years in
the USA. The seem to have less trouble exploding than the infamous chevy
trucks. But, the tabloid news shows have not done their independent testing
on intank fuel pumps yet.

I trust them with my life, as do millions of other people.

GMD

At 08:49 AM 12/8/97 -0500, you wrote:

>In-tank fuel pumps: Since the wiring is also submersed, would there be
>any worry about the + and - wires shorting each other, causing a spark,
>and destroying the fuel tank? (this is my dumb question)

George M. Dailey
gmd at tecinfo.com