2.8L/3.1L AND 3.8L FWD same bellhousing pattern?

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at mcione.com
Sun Dec 14 09:50:56 GMT 1997

>Anybody know if the 3.8L Buick FWD engine and the 2.8L/3.1L/3.4L Chevy FWD
>share the same bellhousing pattern? I thought so originally until I found
>out that the Quad 4 and the 2.8L are different. So maybe the Buick is
>different too.

In regards to FWD non-8 cyl engines, its a rule of thumb Buick and Pontiac
have the same bolt patterns (match each other) and Chevy and Olds are the
same (match each other as well).

This is why a 3.8L, 3800 Gen I or Gen II fits so nicely into a Fiero -
Buick into Pontiac.

Hope that answers da question :)

Frederic Breitwieser
Homebrew Automotive