2.8L/3.1L AND 3.8L FWD same bellhousing pattern?

Terryk terryk at foothill.net
Sun Dec 14 16:57:59 GMT 1997

I have the V8 Archie stuff and the Fieroman 3800 information. Too bad the
3800 never had a manual. 3800 are more expensive in CA than V8 TPI's.

The Getrag installation is a no brainer in an X-11. Like it was meant to
be, but a year too last.

On the BOP, I've seen that thrown around. Didn't meant to look stupid (well
I rarely do, but that doesn't stop me!).

I think a 5.0 TPI is the way to go.

Thanks for the information!

TK

----------
> From: Frederic Breitwieser <frederic.breitwieser at mcione.com>
> To: diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu; diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu
> Subject: Re: 2.8L/3.1L AND 3.8L FWD same bellhousing pattern?
> Date: Sunday, December 14, 1997 1:34 AM
>
> >Anybody know if the 3.8L Buick FWD engine and the 2.8L/3.1L/3.4L Chevy
FWD
> >share the same bellhousing pattern? I thought so originally until I
found
> >out that the Quad 4 and the 2.8L are different. So maybe the Buick is
> >different too.
>
> In regards to FWD non-8 cyl engines, its a rule of thumb Buick and
Pontiac

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/4605/index.html