2.8L/3.1L AND 3.8L FWD same bellhousing pattern?

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at mcione.com
Sun Dec 14 18:49:20 GMT 1997

>I have the V8 Archie stuff and the Fieroman 3800 information. Too bad the
>3800 never had a manual. 3800 are more expensive in CA than V8 TPI's.

>I think a 5.0 TPI is the way to go.

>Thanks for the information!

Anytime, happy to help.

Since the 305/350 is very common (and less expensive to upgrade, since that
block is pretty much a commodity in the aftermarket world, I would agree
with you.  But as you mentioned, you are going to need an adaptor, clutch,
starter gizmos, and probably several other things to make it work.  Since
you already stopped by the V8Archie Website, you obviously have a lot of
information to review :)

And don't worry about "stupid questions".  Asking questions now draw on the
experience of the list, thus saving you a bigger headache down the road
(i.e. engines and transaxles that won't mate).  Actually, with enough
effort, anything can mate to anything, if you come up with a
engine/trans-whatever combination, there's probably one guy somewhere who
did it.

In your Citation, its probably easy to pull a Fiero transaxle, get an
Archie Kit, and shove it into the Citation.  my understanding, though not
personally confirmed, is that the Citation powertrain cradle and the Fiero
Cradle are the same.

Good luck,
Frederic Breitwieser
Homebrew Automotive