Injector resistance.

Joe Chiasson chiasson at hutchtel.net
Tue Dec 16 13:55:48 GMT 1997

> Joe, you're such a nice guy! But I wonder out loud if the resistance was
> measured at 1.9ohms BEFORE he applied 12V directly, or AFTER. Hee. Even
> if smoke didn't escape, if 12V doesn't make the injector clatter,
> NOTHING will. Lemme see, hmm 2 ohms static means 6A flowing thru an
> injector that's probably made to HOLD with somewhere between 0.5A and
> 0.75A max. Whelp, me I'd guess it's fried. But if it WAS fried, it
> wouldn't measure 1.9ohms any more. Mysteries abound, eh?
>
> But then, hell, whadawino?
>
> Garfield

Maybe the smoke emitted was dense enough that it absorbed all the sound
waves, thus.......okay maybe i'm just dense for making this statement.
When I tried 12V across a peak and hold and held it there it smoked, at the
beginning i did hear the injector open, maybe if i had pulsed it i would
have got better results, eh?  But in any case it seams like job for the
X-Files.

j.