Broadcast codes...

bruce plecan nacelp at bright.net
Tue Dec 16 21:46:06 GMT 1997

My book goes up to '92 and I don't show your BBC, for a truck,  BE SURE you
have the right calpak (V-8 part no
16060836 last digit may be a 7),  they change calpaks from V-8 to V-6s, the
little plug in chip beside the prom.
BCC as far as I know it defines the emission package, vehicle, rear axle
gearing etc., and the lastest revision
of the prom for that application.  If ya e-mail me with the 4 letter code
on the chip (BCC) of the ones ya got, I
might be able to help.
L8R Bruce
----------
> Everyone,
>
> Well, I have had a fun morning so far.  My ECM was stolen last night
(among
> other things) from my 87 K5 Blazer.  So-  obviously-  It doesn't run.
Now, I
> have found another 1227747 from a wrecking yard here.  I allready have the
> thing in my grubby little hands.      What I don't understand yet is the
> Broadcast Code.
>
> I have some spare PROMS for this truck.  They are Broadcast ACSW.   Can
> someone
> enlighten me on what that means?
> Can I put my Blazer PROM in any 1227747 ECM or do I have to get one that
> matches the Broadcast ACSW?
>
> Is the Broadcast Code some sort of version number or what?
>
> Also-  on the Mem-Cal...   I guess I have to find one of those too...
right?