Stumped by TPI

Jim Santoro sebring at vnet.net
Wed Dec 17 01:43:47 GMT 1997

> Jim Santoro wrote:
> >
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I have a '88 5.7 Chevy with TPI running in my Sebring MX. The wiring
>
> > harness
> > is an old Street and Perf. speed density job using a '7170
> > ECM.(V6-Fiero).
> > The Problem:
> > The car runs extremely rich all the time
> ....snip
> Is the coolant temp sensor OK? I had the same symptoms,
> and found that the resistance was off a whole bunch,
> thus telling ECU cold enrichment was needed.
> Steve

Thanks Steve,I have a scantool and the coolant sensor seems ok. Here are
the readings.
Temp sensor 200
TPS voltage .58
MAP 1.2v
about 80 O2 crosscounts in 5min running
inj pulse width 100ms (this can't be right, may be a bug in scantool)
idle speed 950
and for some reason the scantool does not report the BLM or Itegrator.

Thanks again for your time.
Jim Santoro