Abrasive flow finishing

Gordon Couger gcouger at ionet.net
Thu Dec 18 00:18:35 GMT 1997

It's been a while but I set in on a PhD level course on turbulant
flow in open channels. By introducing small projections into the
surface you force the flow to become turbulant at a lower speed
and therefor forming a smaller bubble of turbulance. The small
turbulant bubbles act very much like ball bearings between the
in coming air and the skin.

Every thing I studied was for water. So it my be a little different
for air.

I would expect that the most benifit would be at the flow rates that
just started into turbulance.

Gordon
Gordon Couger
624 Cheyenne