Injector resistance.

Garfield garfield at pilgrimhouse.com
Thu Dec 18 03:38:39 GMT 1997

On Mon, 15 Dec 1997 10:30:04 -0500, Frederic Breitwieser
<frederic.breitwieser at mcione.com> wrote:

>>NOTHING will. Lemme see, hmm 2 ohms static means 6A flowing thru an
>>injector that's probably made to HOLD with somewhere between 0.5A and
>>0.75A max. Whelp, me I'd guess it's fried. But if it WAS fried, it
>>wouldn't measure 1.9ohms any more. Mysteries abound, eh?
>
>Well, it might be that the 2 ohm coil resistance is valid, and it DOES draw
>6A when connected to a regulated power supply.  But, the injector might be
>so clogged that it doesn't move, click, shudder, or anything mechanical.
>
>Just a thought  :)

Well, yeah, that was the point, that it WILL draw that much current,
which is WAY over the required hold current, and if left on very long
would probably roast the poor lil puppy. So the mystery seemed to me to
be how could it STILL measure 2ohms if all the above was true. The only
thing I could think was that the 12V wasn't applied long enough to "free
smoke". Definitely, the lack of sound wasn't the mystery; easily coulda
been stuck, just like you say, or fried as I was wondering out loud, but
then it wouldn't be measurin 2ohms no mo.

Hope that clears up the confusion. If not, it ain't worth worryin bout,
anyhoo.

Garfield