3.0L Manual

Steve Ochs Steve_Ochs at compuserve.com
Thu Dec 18 14:19:03 GMT 1997

Message text written by INTERNET:Terry K
>3.0L with a manual transmission? Never heard of the beast. When did this
happen and in what car? None of the service manuals from 1982 to present
show the 3.0/3.8 Buick with a manual transmission.
<

None of the information I have shows this combo either.  A better engine
than the 3.0L is the 3300 V-6 in the later N and A cars.  It is directly
related to the 3800 V6 and is a nice engine although production run was
only a couple of years.  The only V-6 that I know that was available with
the manual was the Chevy 2.8L/3.1L V-6 and maybe the 3.4L DOHC??

Steve Ochs aka N8TYS- Mfg. Engineer - GM Powertrain - Parma Plant
Transmission Division (4T60/65-E) - Steve_Ochs at compuserve.com
The statements and opinions expressed here are NOT an official
statement of General Motors or the GM Powertrain Division

'97 Chevy Blazer LT 4x4 4.3L V6    '96 DCM Impala SS 5.7L V8
'87 Olds Cutlass 442 307 V8        '61 GMC 1500 Fleetside 305 V6