305 from hell was Re: MAP+fuel maps

Andris Skulte askulte at emerald.tufts.edu
Thu Dec 18 17:08:08 GMT 1997

Squash wrote:
> Alain Toussaint wrote:
> > >89 IROC M5 305 TPI     13.5 at 104.1   320 hp / 470 ft lbs
> > i have one question,what it take to get a 305 producing 470 ft lbs,does it
> > has boost (either supercharged or turbocharged),and if it does indeed have
> > boost,why the horsepower is low (pardon my question,your hp number is very
> > respectable but i'm used to be seeing hp number in the 450+ for a 470 ft lbs
> > motor excepted diesel motor) ??

> An act of god, possibly would help!  A 350 block would be a much more
> reasonable starting point for this, i would think.  That 305 just won't
> spin fast!

I might as well post this to the list also. I've added just about every
bolt on mod to this TPI that you can. DIY Ram Air, 52mm TB, portmatched
intake, SLP Tri-Y headers (great torque, but I'm selling them for my
twin turbos) and a 3" catback are the major mods. The stock TPI is as
optimized as it'll get w/o any more new parts. Full mod list etc at
http://www.eecs.tufts.edu/~askulte/htmls/camaro.html

What does spinning fast have to do with anything? My torque peaks at
3000 rpm and hp peaks at 4250 and is dead after 5000, thanks to TPI. I
do love that torque though!

********************Skulte Performance Designs************************
Andris Skulte   askulte at tufts.edu   http://www.eecs.tufts.edu/~askulte
89 IROC M5 305 TPI     13.5 at 104.1   320 hp / 470 ft lbs

Leave late, drive faster, still get there first. ;)