GM Tranny Bolt Patterns

Chief afn14222 at afn.org
Fri Dec 19 16:05:04 GMT 1997

At 09:00 PM 12/17/1997 -0500, you wrote:
>Here is the scoop:
>
>Rear Wheel Drive -
>There are two bolt patterns made, Chevy and BOP (Buick-Olds-Pontiac)
>Some transmissions came in both, some in Chevy only.
>The 700-R4/4L60/4L60-E came in Chevy ONLY until 1995 when the split case
>became avaialble.  All BOP applications used the THM-200-R4, THM-200,
>THM-250, or THM-350 until those trannys were discontinued (last was 200-R4
>in 1990)...

Thanks for the information Steve.  This is very useful information.

Any chance on getting some information on torque converters?  I'd like find
a different 30-spline converter for my 700 in the parts yard without having
to find a dead Vette or paying an arm and a leg.

Once again, thanks.

Ed Hilker aka "Chief"
'84 SS - 700R4