CALPAK (was: Broadcast codes...)

bruce plecan nacelp at bright.net
Sat Dec 20 05:42:47 GMT 1997

One last question, and maybe I'll "finally" get it.  How can gm tbi not
need to
know wheither the firing pulses are occuring 90d (v-8), or 120d (v-6)
apart?.
  At one time the way to view the injector cone for proper atomization was
hooking up a timing light to #1 cylinder, and then at a steady rpm look at
the fuel "cone".  If there was a noticeable flaw in the pattern, it was
cleaning time, and then if that didn't restore the cone, it was replaced.
It had to be at a steady rpm to keep it in syn mode.
  I alway thought the syn/asyn way of doing things was to "fool" the
motor into thinking it had more injector.  IE. the 350 pickups use (2)
55#/hr injectors, whereas the 350 TPI has I think 22-24's, so in
one case it runs with 110#/hr of fuel, and in the other 170+.  Yes there
is a big difference in HP, but I don't think there is a 30% difference.
  Cone shaped hat getting comfortable enough to wear in public
Bruce    nacelp at bright.net