Advice and suggestions?

Joshua Hadler jhadler at rmi.net
Sun Dec 21 17:59:49 GMT 1997

Hi all,

	I just found this list, and I'm hoping I can eventually contribute to
the base knowledge here. Currently I'm doing background research into
programable FI/Ignition systems. Currently I've been going in the
direction of available aftermarket systems. Accell, Electromotive and
Haltech falling in my price range.
	This is going to be used on a Porsche 914 2.0L flat four air-cooled
engine. I'm looking to fatten the existing power curve as much as
possible without internal engine mods. The class I compete in does not
allow internal engine mods, but is unrestricted on fuel, air and
ignition sytstems as long as I stay with the original form of
aspiration, N/A in my case.

	The first question I have is with respect to the above systems I
mentioned. Can anyone recomend or suggest any of the Accell,
Electromotive, Haltech or other systems that I havn't mentioned?

	Second is more technical regarding air intake. I'm currently looking at
two possible setups. One: retaining the factory intake manifolds and
plenum and just installing a large t-body (stock is 45mm). Two: going to
independent t-bodies (40mm) which will resemble a dual carb setup
instead. The main drive for me is to fatten up the existing torque and
power curves without loosing the bottom end. Top rpm will only bee
6,000rpm (cam limited) so super high flow is not the issue, torque is.
So, does a common plenum have a very significant impact, and if so, why?
If not, does a setup like a dual webber (but with t-bodies instead) more
beneficial. I'm sure it's better for top end, but what about lower end
torque?

Lot's of questions I know. I would really appreciate any help I could
get on this.

-Josh2

--
Joshua Hadler    '74 914 2.0 CSP/Bi - Hooligan Racing #29 - CONIVOR
                 '87 Quantum Syncro - aka stealth quattro

jhadler at rmi.net
http://rainbow.rmi.net/~jhadler/