Advice and suggestions?

Joshua Hadler jhadler at rmi.net
Mon Dec 22 04:33:29 GMT 1997

amcknig at creighteld.k12.az.us wrote:

> Josh
>
> For cheap Ignition, try a 4cyl GM HEI.  Make a new hold down clamp, a
> chevy is easy to modify.  measure and cut shaft to same length as
> Bosch from distributor base to end of shaft.  Drill a 5/32" hole thru
> the CENTER o9f the shaft and pin the bosch drive onto the shaft.
> Modify the vacuum advance to a fixed position or braze a nut to the
> brkt and have an adjustable set point.  Lots of advance curves
> available for the HEI unitss.
>
> Bob McKnight

Thanks, but having a selection of preset ignition curves is not what I'm
looking for. From what I've gathered to date, I'm really going to need a
fully mapped fuel/ignition system that is programable with high
resolution. Fattening the existing power band is crucial, and if I'm
going to invest in a system, I need to be sure (or relatively comfident)
that it's going to get me as much as I can get. My car is _horribly_
underpowered in this class (CSP), so I need every little bit I can get.

-Josh2

--
Joshua Hadler    '74 914 2.0 CSP/Bi - Hooligan Racing #29 - CONIVOR
                 '87 Quantum Syncro - aka stealth quattro

jhadler at rmi.net
http://rainbow.rmi.net/~jhadler/