Abrasive flow finishing

amcknig at creighteld.k12.az.us amcknig at creighteld.k12.az.us
Mon Dec 22 15:53:00 GMT 1997

While all this concern about port polishing sounds good, It appears
to me that a more important point is the delivering of a combustible
mixture to the cylinder is more important.  As we get the delivery of
the fuel closer to the cylinder, the problem of mixing  seems to get
greater.  There are many articles on mixture control, one of the more
sophisticated seems to be Toyota.  They seem to have controlled the
mixture to the point that they are limiting the heat loss thru the
cylinder walls by focusing the combustible mixture into the center of
the charge.  This makes sense to me, it doesn't seem very wise just
to deliver lots of fuel so the radiator will have something to do.

Bob McKnight
Phoenix AZ