GM Tranny Bolt Patterns

matt blazer40 at cobweb.net
Mon Dec 22 21:33:22 GMT 1997

Well if you want to use the v6 (2.8 convertor, you can only use(if any)
1990 and up.  below 1990, the input shaft and the convertor case were
completely different from their V8 brothers.  the input shaft on the 2.8
convertor is a little longer, and on the front of the convertor, the
pilot stub is smaller in diameter and longer than the v8 convertors.
so, truthfully, i don't think it would work.  besides, the little 2.8
convertors DON'T have torrington bearings, just thrust bearings, and the
lockup clutch is alot smaller.  plus, the stator sprag is alot smaller
too.

my advice, get an aftermarket 9 inch convertor.

-Matt Teagarden  www.cobweb.net/~blazer40
blazer40 at cobweb.net  matt at syty.org
Syclone/Typhoon List Administrator
S-10 List Administrator