GM Tranny Bolt Patterns

Shannen Durphey shannen at mcn.net
Tue Dec 23 08:10:05 GMT 1997

George M. Dailey wrote:

> What's the torque relative to?? Where can I find info on beefing up the 125
> transaxles to handle 360FT-lbs of a TPI engine?
>
> GMD

What is torque relative to?  I have never gotten a direct answer!  I always
judged everything by the THM 400, which became the 3L80.  You might try calling
TransGo about 125 trans.  I have never dealt with them on the phone, but I've
used some of their tech info, and I really like it.  These guys, BTW,  invented
"shift kits" and their products still bear that name.  Tech phone # is (213)
283-4520.

Why not use THM440?  Stronger, more gears, too.