AIC

Tony Cooper tony.cooper at virgin.net
Tue Dec 23 08:58:24 GMT 1997

Ron Tyler wrote:

> Robert,
>
>         A while back I used a transistor (TO3 If memory servs) to mimic
> what the factory injectors were doing. I tapped into one of the factory
> injectors to signal the trans. and the trans. drove two other injectors
> @ the same PW and timing. I had these additional inj. come online under
> boost conditions. I had good luck with it but only used it for a short
> time. Anybody on the list have reasons to avoid this setup?
>
>    Ron Tyler
>
> Robert Gallant wrote:
> >
> > Has anyone on the list built their own additional injector control?

A while back, we built a little circuit that worked similar to this, but
worked slightly different as follows.

A signal from an injector (Banked mode) started a timer, which had its
time base adjusted by the amount of boost.
Below a certain amount of boost (<.5psi) nothing happened. Above .5psi
the extra injectors were actuated.

As more boost was added, the extra injectors came on longer. The extra
fuel curve followed a linear 'curve'
which was set by a pot. Not very hi-tech, but it worked VERY well. If
any body is interested, I will release the circuit diagram.

Tony
--
Sent By Tony Cooper.
email: tony.cooper at virgin.net
Allow at least 10 working minutes for reply. ;)