AIC

David Piper dapiper at mail.one.net
Wed Dec 24 01:58:17 GMT 1997

>I attached a wire to monitor the MAF sensor (remember its a stock
>injection system) and found that the MAF is wide open at 5500 rpm/full
>throttle.
>
>What I'm guessing is that the computer doesn't sense an increase in flow
>from 5500 to 8000 rpm, since the sensor is already wide open, so it
>doesn't increase the fuel.

If your vane type AFM is maxed out, try the Vortech super FMU.  This is a
$260 pressure regulator that is adjustable for rate and both intercept
points ie. you can suppress the fuel rail press during off boost to
compensate for larger inj.; adj the rate of press increase during boost and
also limit the max press increase.

Test your fuel pump for adequate flow vs press.  The Bosche pump is good for
50 GPH at 70 psig.  Since flow increases with the sq root of press, you can
increase fuel flow 35% at 70 psig compared to a normal 38 psig.  The inj
flow rate is proportional to the differential pressure; fuel rail minus
manifold press ( or vacuum.)

TurboDave