GM/Delco chip numbers

martin at mgass.demon.co.uk martin at mgass.demon.co.uk
Tue Dec 30 16:36:51 GMT 1997

Scott wrote :
> Has anybody come up with a cross-reference list for the chips in GM's
> efi computers??  Or better still, listings of the proms in GMs
> computers, and how to change them.

As far as I am aware European GMs tend to have Bosch, Delco, Multec
or SimTec/Seimens  ECUs dependant on Engine type.

I dont think that the chips (I presume we are concentrating on the
PROMs) are interchangeable and some are now going to surface mount as
well.  In addition to this the imobiliser on later cars is tied to
the individual ECU's code.

It is possible to re-program/re-map the surface mount PROMs via the
ALDL interface.

Martin

martin at mgass.demon.co.uk