GM/Delco chip numbers

Shannen Durphey shannen at mcn.net
Wed Dec 31 13:56:35 GMT 1997

sfg wrote:

> martin at mgass.demon.co.uk wrote:
> ...snip
> > It is possible to re-program/re-map the surface mount PROMs via the
> > ALDL interface.
> > Martin
> Really? So these are EEPROMS???? Please elaborate....Thanks, Steve

EEPROM=TRUE.  Can't give you many details, but we use a scantool to
download calibration files from the PC in the boss' office and then
upload them into the vehicle. Think this started in 94 or 95 Geo storm,
and all GM vehicles, AFAIK, are now this way.  If it's OBDII then it's
probably EEprom.

Hypertech makes a reprogrammer for Camaros and maybe 'vette's, too. Saves
stock calibration so you can pass the smoggies.

 Around this time last year, Steve Cole of Mastertune fame was working on
breaking the code.  Don't know if he got anywhere.