Runners

nickhagen nhagen at deltanet.com
Sat Feb 1 07:22:16 GMT 1997

Actually, in my opinion, you can go ahead and run the GT-40 intake with
the stock EFI, as long as it's a mass air setup from an '88-'93 donor.
I was running both an Edelbrock intake and aluminum heads on a stock 5.0
and the EEC is able to adjust to this w/o much of a problem. I haven't
changed the injector size or the chip. I did end up replacing the intake
with the stock one (port matched, tho) to retain the just off-idle throttle
response which is nice in my truck application. However, the heads are
still on the motor and it runs great with the stock EEC and injectors.
BTW, the vehicle also has 1.7 rocker arms and headers, and again, still
works well with the stock unmodified EEC.