Intercoolers

Chris Scott cscott at ghg.net
Mon Feb 3 03:59:45 GMT 1997

Tuck,

Put 'em in parallel.  Don't stack them.  They should be side by side
for maximum cooling.  The good thing about the 3rd gen intercoolers
is they have very little pressure drop.  The bad thing is the cores
are so small that the effiency is quite low.  Putting two in parallel
should support around 400 hp.  Putting them in series will result in
more pressure drop and less than optimal thermal capacity.  See the
you are interested in a heat transfer derivation of why, email me
direct.

Chris