DIY_ABS...

Dave Williams dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us
Mon Feb 3 13:35:51 GMT 1997

-> 1) The programming will most likely be ALL wrong for the weight of
-> the vehicle decel rates, slip angles, etc..

 Given the differences between stock skatorbacks, BFG R1s, and various
compound slicks, all of which we run on a friend's '90 Corvette, I doubt
it matters.  The Bosch ABS unfailingly does its thing no matter what
rubber is bolted up.

 Of course, the Bosch controller in the Corvette is a *real*, functional
ABS unit, not some demented hydraulic/electronic non-functioning
checklist item like the abortions on the small Chevys and pickups.  I've
driven some rentals with "ABS" systems that "activated" in normal
driving, raising so much hell I turned the first one in to the shop
thinking it was broken.  Turned out they all did that.  Didn't stop
worth squat either.

 All ABS controllers are *not* created the same.