OBDII

Todd Knighton knighton at net-quest.com
Wed Feb 5 06:51:37 GMT 1997

Mike Fahrion wrote:

> Does anyone have any feelings as to the usefulness of OBDII (EPA
> mandated diagnostics port on US cars) to the DIY-er?
>
> I'm considering putting some effort into developing a box to allow a
> PC to communicate with the port - but don't have any end application
> in sight yet.  How useful would this thing be to the DIY'er???
>
> Thanks
> -mike
> mfahrion at bb-elec.com

	Seen quite a few of them in Turbo Mag already.  I think they're mostly
for Japanees cars though, but should be fairly versatile with the ISO
standards set for OBD-II.
	They're using them for datalogging, as well as real time display of
ignition angles, o2 voltages, etc.

--
Todd Knighton
Protomotive Engineering