Tunable intake manifold question

Wen Yen Chan chanwe at ecf.toronto.edu
Wed Feb 5 20:38:41 GMT 1997

I have examined some of the plans for the variable length/variable volume
intake systems used by Honda (in the Legend, Vigor and 1st & 3rd gen.
Integra). All of their variable intake systems adjust the length or width
of the runners between the intake manifold and the ports. I was wondering
if it would be worthwhile to design a variable length add on (for a car
without any variable stuff) to the intake system which would fit between
the air intake scoop and the TB. Adding a variable intake before the TB
appeals to me because I only have access to an electronics lab (and some
hand tools).

Thanks  in advance.

Wen