O2 sensors and white smoke

Thomas Burns Thomas.Burns at MCI.Com
Wed Feb 5 21:49:06 GMT 1997

I believe that there is some light blue smoke upon starting the motor,
probably the valve guides. However the smoke I am referring to appears only
when accelerating. It does seem more like the white kind, definitely not
black, but it has the smell of unburnt fuel...Now I am damn sure confused!

The idle is somewhat rough on the (stock) motor and I have not checked the
plugs or compression since I have owned the car. I guess that would be a
good start. Also, I have checked the radiator and oil and nothing neither
seems to be seeping into the other.

-Tom