Radiator hose intake manifold

Ross Forgione ross at apdata.com.au
Thu Feb 6 00:28:38 GMT 1997

I have seen emergency radiator hoses that you can bend to any shape.
You buy them straight and bend to suit. To stop them from collapsing
when bent, the manufacturers use an internal coil of wire. Coil
spacings are about 8mm apart. The wall of the hose has a spiraled
corrigation built into it to maintain the even spacing of the coil.
This may make it unsuitable for the Manifold app. Perhaps you could use
a similar method to strengthen a standard hose eliminating the
corrigations but still maintaining the coil spacings.

Just a suggestion.