Replacing L-Jetronic flap-type AFM with silicon pressure sensor

Tom Cloud cloud at peaches.ph.utexas.edu
Mon Feb 10 22:36:17 GMT 1997

>Hi,
>I need some advice. I am thinking of replacing the airflow meter of my
>Range Rover with a pressure sensor monitoring the manifold pressure
>("vacuum"). I cannot make up my mind wheter to use an absolute or
>differential sensor. Can anyone advice me ?

I've sorta asked the same thing .... I think you're gonna be told by
those that know (not me) that pressure is not mass, ergo your
"tracking" will wander as humidity, temp and barometric pressure
change.  I was told (I think that's what they said) that I
could get reasonable mass approximations by knowing the pressure
differential across the throttle, the throttle opening, and
the temp.

Tom Cloud <cloud at peaches.ph.utexas.edu>