Replacing L-Jetronic flap-type AFM with silicon pressure sensor

Fredrik Jeppsson fredrik.jeppsson at mbox300.swipnet.se
Mon Feb 10 21:04:33 GMT 1997

Hi,
I need some advice. I am thinking of replacing the airflow meter of my
Range Rover with a pressure sensor monitoring the manifold pressure
("vacuum"). I cannot make up my mind wheter to use an absolute or
differential sensor. Can anyone advice me ?

My idea is to hook it up in parallell with the existing AFM and
manipulate gain and offset of the pressure voltage until it matches the
output of the AFM. Then I can substitute the AFM signal with the
pressure signal (if I can get them to match).

The reason I want to do this is that my engine is running rich and I
suspect that the AFM is not working properly (airleak etc). I have
tested every sensor resoldered the ECU boards etc. nothing seems to
help.

TIA

Fredrik