Forward from Tony Beninca

Johnny allnight at everett.net
Wed Feb 12 06:01:09 GMT 1997

Hello,

Id like to give some information on work carried out by myself & a partner
on fuel injection project in 1992.  As a final year Uni  project we build
both the  ECU hardware (2 micro processors) + programmed ECU in assembler
and wrote PC program to tune/diagnose engine via serial port.  The project
was completed and I fitted the ECU to a car and tunned it via dyno and
drove it into RMIT (Uni) to show my lecturer.

The ECU program was sequential (Up to 8 cylinders), Ran multi coils and
logged A/F ratio via lambda sensor.  The system can be throttle or manifold
mapped.  Apart from all the necessary inputs, It had two map sensors (one
for barometric, and one for manifold pressure).  The system synced itself
to a 60 tooth wheel and a camshaft sensor (as it ran multi coils).

Functions included volumetric (ie fuel & 3D), ignition timing(3D),
sequential (2D mapped with RPM), acceleration enrichment, start up timing,
mappable engine choke, retardation via water temperature (mappable), rev
limiter with hysteresis, programmable outputs & data logging. I was going
to close loop the system via lambda, but ran out of time.  Any way the
standard lambda sensor is not accurate enough.

The ECU could be programmed in real time via XT laptop (that's why PC
software was had assembler in it)

I then proceeded to try and get industry help in further developing the
system, but no body cared so I throughout the system. (It was in prototype
stage).

Projects to date are engine dyno controller (both throttle and load with
play back functions), engine dyno data acquisition systems & industrial
tail shaft balancing machines.  Actually I have just finished building the
balancer for the 97 Corvette, which shafts are manufactured in Australia.

I am currently looking for work, so if you people now any body who would be
interested in my services, please contact me.

Anthony Beninca
B.E.Computer systems

You can reach Tony at;

beninca at alphalink.com.au