MAF SWIRL REDUCTION

Curt Martin cmartin at america.com
Wed Feb 12 16:44:15 GMT 1997

> Gentlemen,
>
> I am looking for some honeycomb type material, or similar device,
> to begin investigation into swirl reduction in a supercharged blow
> through MAF situation.
>
> Does anyone know of where I might find resources for this meterial
> or device(s)?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Matt

One manufacturer is "Hexcell" which sell aluminum honeycomb for use as a filler
in aircraft panel construction.  For something that may be perfect (honeycomb,
precut, and the size of the MAF) look at a mid/late '80s Digital MAF sensor
made by Rochester.  It was used on the V6 Camaro and Firebird (probably a lot
of other GM's too)   The end screens are a honeycomb unlike the fine-wire
screens used on the Bosch Analog MAF sensors.  They are removable just like the
Bosh MAF screens

Curt Martin  (cmartin at america.com)
Ormond Beach, FL
http://www.america.com/~cmartin