Traction compound (not efi related)

dzorde dzorde at geocities.com
Thu Feb 13 12:14:01 GMT 1997

This is not the least efi related, but I hope someone can help.  The
traction compound used by drag cars for extra grip on the tyres can also be
used to soften up old tyres and give them a new life (almost).  Anyway, this
stuff is quite expensive, and so I was wondering, since someone on this list
knew of the cheaper source of Toluene from printing suppliers. Does someone
know what traction compound consists off, and if this stuff is available in
bulk and cheaper than from racing equipment suppliers.

Thanks in advance.

Dan     dzorde at geocities.com