The Rochecter E4ME carb (non-efi)

G. M. Roberts snyek at ix.netcom.com
Mon Feb 17 02:57:56 GMT 1997

replaced left side tie rods, all the shocks, fixed the trans leak, put
on a new torque converter cover, got it aligned etc. I didnt pay much
for it and the body is straignt and clean with no rust. Car was in
Ocala, Florida on a horse farm.

 I just dont know the reason that emissions was disconnected, however
it does not have an original engine as the original was seized at 60K
miles.  I've figured out most of the vacuum lines, however there is one
plug near the front of the carb that I cant figure out where it
attaches.  I am going to chevy dealer in Morristown on Tuesday and will
order the shop manual.  Neither Chiltons or Clymer especially are that
helpful. I'm getting help from a vo-tech auto  instructor, however he
really knows injectors, but not carbs.
George
Clark, N.J.