OBDII Dodge

peter paul fenske pfenske at direct.ca
Tue Feb 18 18:14:31 GMT 1997

HI ALL

I am currently retrofitting a 96 Dodge magnum motor into
a 85 Ramcharger for a friend.

The prob I have is the old tranny is being used. It has no provisions
for the crank sensor.

Question is does the stock crank sensor merely use the flywheel
on the torgue convertor. If so I could drill a hole in the bell
housing and mount a sensor which actually bolts to the engine
block. Hopefully this thing doesn't use a custom flywheel.

It does have a cam sensor in the distributer.

After this I am beginning to understand why OBDII is a four letter word.

Thanks all: peter