DFI controler

Michael Yager yagerm1 at sunyit.edu
Tue Feb 18 15:46:37 GMT 1997

First things i'm new to this group so... my project

1)sequential port fuel injection for 2.5l (iron duke) with direct
ignition, to be used in a chevette for drag purposes. I want about 300hp,
with no turbo or supercharger if possible. Im unsure if it would be easir
to retro fit an exsisting unit (bosch, GM, etc) or go full out and make my
own.(or buy). I have read the links at the efi site and am very
interested. but.. I don't really have enough info right now to make an
educated decision on a direction, any ideas or sugestions would help.

note: im finishing my last semester at school and have some time to
research (read).

Question:
I have been reading about the fuel maps etc. and have been wondering about
this. Is it necessary to have a look-up table( I understand their
function) Is it possible to simple run to various value from sensors (map,
rpm, temp, etc.) through a math formula and be calulated "on the fly" or
is this process to slow compared to a look-up table?  This would allow for
a minor adjustment to a formula value to change the curve vs re-maping the
eprom.

-mike

  E. Michael Yager  			   	email: yagerm1 at sunyit.edu
http://www.sunyit.edu/~yagerm1   (for chevette write-up)