DFI controler

Mark Eidson mark.eidson at tempe.vlsi.com
Tue Feb 18 19:09:53 GMT 1997

I think the formula would be too complicated.  me

At 10:49 AM 2/18/97 -0500, you wrote:
>First things i'm new to this group so... my project
>
>1)sequential port fuel injection for 2.5l (iron duke) with direct
>ignition, to be used in a chevette for drag purposes. I want about 300hp,
>with no turbo or supercharger if possible. Im unsure if it would be easir
>to retro fit an exsisting unit (bosch, GM, etc) or go full out and make my
>own.(or buy). I have read the links at the efi site and am very
>interested. but.. I don't really have enough info right now to make an
>educated decision on a direction, any ideas or sugestions would help.
>
>note: im finishing my last semester at school and have some time to
>research (read).
>
>Question:
>I have been reading about the fuel maps etc. and have been wondering about
>this. Is it necessary to have a look-up table( I understand their
>function) Is it possible to simple run to various value from sensors (map,
>rpm, temp, etc.) through a math formula and be calulated "on the fly" or
>is this process to slow compared to a look-up table?  This would allow for
>a minor adjustment to a formula value to change the curve vs re-maping the
>eprom.
>
>-mike

>  E. Michael Yager  			   	email: yagerm1 at sunyit.edu
>http://www.sunyit.edu/~yagerm1   (for chevette write-up)

* Mark Eidson                        Voice: (602)752-6513                 *
*                                      Fax: (602)752-6000                 *
* Manager System Integration and      Home: (602)831-6079                 *
*   Verification                    E-Mail:  mark.eidson at tempe.vlsi.com   *
* VLSI Technology, Inc.                                                   *
* 8375 South River Parkway                                                *
* M/S 265                                                                 *
* Tempe, Arizona     85284                                                *