Non-DIYEFI/City Code Harassment

FJB203 at aol.com FJB203 at aol.com
Wed Feb 19 12:45:20 GMT 1997

>   and is in park, the parking brake works but I don't use it as I drive it
>   so infrequently that it will size up, so I use the bricks as backup.

You will win Aaron.  I had an issue like that in upstate NY in the condo
complex I lived in... they didn't like my unpainted 69 XL (Ford), though I
had large rust holes.  The condo board pressured the town to fine me for
having a "junked vehicle".

To prove the point, on court day, I parked in the assigned JUDGES spot at the
local courthouse, and pled my case.  The judge agreed the vehicle was
butt-ugly, however perfectly drivable as indicated by the 3 month old
inspection sticker.  Then I was asked nicely NEVER to park in his assigned
spot.

I ended up restoring the car anyway, but for a while I debated leaving it as
ugly as possible to piss the condo board off... but I was younger and more
agressive than I am now.

Oh, take pictures of the blocks and explain what they are for, any reasonable
judge will agree blocking the wheels on a steep driveway (in lew of turning
the wheels to the curb, like the driver's manual states) is very
public-safety conscience, and you want to present it that way.

Fred