Methanol injectors..

DemonTSi at aol.com DemonTSi at aol.com
Wed Feb 19 21:14:48 GMT 1997

<< The temperature drop depends on the kind of alcohol: the latent heats of
 vaporization for methanol is 1180 kJ/kg, ethanol is 850... petrol is
 around 200.  The alcohols also release oxygen when they burn, so they add
 02 without really taking up much volume.  The boiling points vary for the
 alcohols, but between the extra, free 02, the cooling and the needed
 fuel, I really am interested.  The difficulty is in the corrosive
 properties and the lack of lubrication to the pump  and injectors.
 Another diy_efi subscriber has been helpful in exploring alcohols.  His
 suggestion is ethanol with some lubricating additives.  I want to run
 methanol for the higher heat of vaporization, but i might settle for
 ethanol.

 Sorry I couldn't answer everything. I am just learning myself. >>

Actually, what you said is making me think too...I would really like to learn
more about running with alternative forms fuel or the injection of anything
other than NOS :)
I'm really trying to get some more info on running propane on a turbo
car....anyone done this before?