thanks for the suggestions

David Doddek pantera at pobox.com
Thu Feb 20 05:54:00 GMT 1997

>I would like to thank people for the suggestions on EFI features.
>
>    Suggested:  Two stage fan control.  This can easily be done.  I have
already added single fan control to the program.  Due to a limitation in the
number of outputs on the basic unit, dual fan wont be done.  In the faicier
version this could easily be added.  For AC useage, might I suggest
attatching one fan to the AC compressor clutch so that when the pump is
running one fan runs.  This will prevent the condensor core from overheating.

>    Suggested:  Include list of standard parts/sensors.  For relays any 12
vbold dc relay with greater than 30 ohms will work.  Sensors use a any
variable voltage MAP sensor,  Any continuous variable resitive tps sensor,
and a temp sensor for a 79-85 gm temp gauge (same resistive characteristics
as most gm efi temp sensors but with simple connector).

>    Suggested:  Turn on for heated O2.  Since it must be on when the enine
is running, just connect it to the fuel pump power.

>    Suggested:  Make it compatible with points or magnetic trigger.  I was
planning to do this.

>     Suggested:  Have one screen status while tuning so immediate feed back
can be had.  It does this currently.

>    Suggested:  Closed loop.  New version will most likely have this.  A
PID control routine must be developed that will fit in my small memory space.

>    Suggested:  Torque convertor control.  This could be programmed.  I
need to know when one would need to be locked up and when it would not in
order to make a control routine.  Any help?

>    Suggested:  Turbo waste gate control.  Would need more info on how
actuators work to make a control routine.  This featur may have to wait
until a future version of the control, but it would be possible.

>    Suggested:  Ignition retard under boost.  Is currently handled by the
ignition timing map for the system that will have ignition control.

>    Suggested:  Make MOS control RPM adjustable.  NOS turn on point is
controlled by rpm, map, and tps.  Multiple NOS stages could be added.

>    Suggested:  Direct ignition control.  For the engines that have the
smart coil pack and control.  Engines without the smart coil control will
have wo wait until I can develop a 332 based engine control.

>    Suggested:  Make source code and schematic available.  I do not know of
any one that does this for a specialized product like EFI.  In this type of
markey, it is too easy copy and sell ideas.  I will have to think about
doing this if possibly a confidentiality agreement would be signed.

>Thanks again for the suggestions.

David Doddek        pantera at pobox.com        217-422-3722
69 EFI Fairlane, 89 T-bird SC, 74 Twin turbo NOS EFI Pantera (I like to go fast)