Diagnosis (cont'd)..

Charles cmorris at ix.netcom.com
Thu Feb 20 16:54:25 GMT 1997

	Thanks to all who posted suggestions.
	Unfortunately I can't check the Bosch 9-digit P/N right now,
since the pump is in the car. I ordered it from Corky Bell as a
GFP-215.
	Re: electrical glitches - The rest of the car doesn't flicker
lights or anything funny. But I do have a relay running the fuel pump
(turned on by the original pump wiring). Maybe it's bouncing.
	Re: the tank reservoir, this is a fairly shallow "cup" in the
bottom of the tank, and about 6" diameter. It's not providing any
restriction (via the orifice) unless the tank is almost dry. This
problem occurs even with a full tank.
	Re: the fuel filter, I replaced the filter with an Earl's #230106
sintered bronze filter with #6-AN ends. At the high fuel
flow/pressure, I was worried about tearing the paper element, not to
mention blowing the hose off the nipple!
	I originally tried the higher-pressure route (rising-rate
regulator from Cartech [now BEGI]), but found 90-100 psi fuel pressure
necessary to support 15 psi boost. This is not supposed to be good for
pumps, or injectors... So I built an additional injector controller to
control two large ones mounted in the intake pipe (don't remember the
size offhand, but I can run as rich as needed), with a stock fuel
regulator (43 psi differential at the nozzles at all times - thus 58
psi at 15 psi boost).
	I thought I had posted the schematic and artwork files last year
sometime; some people had trouble getting the artwork to print out. If
I have time I'll try again.
	Any other $0.02 worth welcome!
Thanks
-Charles