Non-DIYEFI/City Code Harassment

steve ravet steve at sun4c409.imes.com
Fri Feb 21 15:03:22 GMT 1997

> Does anyone know of
> organizations gear towards protecting our hobby? No one's automotive
> hobby is going to be safe. If it "pollutes", if its an eyesore or
> doesn't fit in with the "home owners" regs they are going to go
> after it.

I can think of a couple.  SEMA, the specialty equipment manufacturers
association, is the organization that most aftermarket suppliers
belong to.  I think it's geared mostly to companies.  What you want
is the NMA.  National Motorists Association.  It's hot-rodders,
restorers, all sorts of car enthusiasts.  Their WWW page is
www.motorist.com.  Lots of people (North Americans, at least)
complain about the way the American government treats automobile
owners.  This is your chance to put your money where your mouth is,
and help a group that supports your hobby.

--steve

> Wow do I need to vent.

Don't we all...  :-)