Torque BS Filter ``

DICK BREWSTER dick_brewster at fmc.com
Fri Feb 21 16:07:21 GMT 1997

Stuart, a very good smell test to use on torque claims for
naturally aspirated four stroke gas engines the 1 to 1.1 ft-lb
per cubic inch test.

Very few streetable engines get much over 1 ft-lb per cubic inch
torque.  Some of the better engines get up to about 1.1, but
that's about it for an accurate dyno test under real conditions.

The reason is it's hard to get much over 100% volumetric
efficiency and the effective compression ratio is pretty much
limited by pump gas.

Dick