Crash Bags and EFI (off topic)

Kalle Pihlajasaari kalle at device.data.co.za
Fri Feb 21 17:28:27 GMT 1997

Hi All,

I have been asked to look at how crash bags are deployed.

I am aware of the use of 'low'cost micromachined accelerometers
and such from Analog Devices and such.

What I am interested in finding out is what other circuits
and devices they connect to.  Will they only work with the engine
running, above a certain roadspeed.  Will they kill the engine if they pop
do they look at the output or the ABS for anything.  What about the new
cars with the skid detectors, are these used for traction control
or side impact air bag control.

This stuff is all a novelty here in south africa as only the imported
and luxury cars have any of this.

Cheers
--
Kalle Pihlajasaari   kalle at ip.co.za   http://www.ip.co.za/ip
Interface Products   P O Box 15775, DOORNFONTEIN, 2028, South Africa

DonTronics, Silicon Studio and Wirz Electronics uP Product Dealer