Torque BS Filter ``

Ron Madurski rmadursk at galaxy.galstar.com
Sat Feb 22 04:35:59 GMT 1997

:
:On Fri, 21 Feb 1997, Gregory A. Parmer wrote:
:
:> > you're looking at a bogus or fudged graph.  HP and Torque will be
:> > the same at 5250 RPM because of the mathematical relationship
:> > between the two.
:>
:> Could you show me that relationship? That'd be a formula worth
:> keeping in the notebook. I know I've seen responses about that
:> before, so it's not worth cluttering the list...except to post
:> the formula (directly to me, maybe?).
:>
:> -greg
:> gparmer at acesag.auburn.edu
:
:By definition:
:Horsepower = (rpm * Torque) / 5252
:
:Thus, at 5252 RPM, HP = 5252*Torque/5252 = Torque

Please don't stop now., the bulbs are going off....  What are the units
used to get the 5252 number?

:
:-Jody
:--