Torque BS Filter ``

G.Buckle gb at perthpcug.org.au
Sat Feb 22 05:43:36 GMT 1997

>Another good measure to check when looking at dyno graphs is that
>the HP and Torque curves will cross at 5250 RPM.  If they don't,
>you're looking at a bogus or fudged graph.  HP and Torque will be
>the same at 5250 RPM because of the mathematical relationship
>between the two.

My 1976 FJ45 Landcruiser 2F motor doesn't usually go above 3000 rpm, and
never over 3800. This is due to my mechanical sympathy. The thrashing noises
are not worth it to see the HP and torque figures cross!

Surely where they cross is a function of the scales for either ft/lb and HP
or Nm and KW on the particular graph you look at?

Likewise for a motor at work. It is a Waukesha G7042. Thats 12 cyls and 7042
ci. It normally runs at about 950 rpm and high speed trip is 11-1200. I
would not like to be near it at 5250.

Waddayareckon?  ;^)