More musings on pump capacity...

eric schumacher e.schumacher at postoffice.worldnet.att.net
Tue Feb 25 03:35:53 GMT 1997

Hi charles
My point was only that it is often easier and definitly much more reassuring
to measure things like fuel pressure than to depend on calcuations.  Some of
the concerns you listed like cavitation and bubbles are real but if you (you
refers to the designer not necessarily Charles)have to worry about then that
part of the design should be finished first.

To shift off subject a bit I found in building a system based Bosch CIS
components and using the ubiquitous rotary pump that it was very sensitive
to the diameter of the inlet tubing as compared to the diameter of the
outlet tubing.  It didn't matter what the flow was as long as the goesinta
was bigger than the goesoutta all was ok.  I also note that Bosch systems
typically use an accumulator to take of those fast demand transients.

This is a great group. Lotsa people doing neat things.
Lotsa Luck Eric

Lotsa Luck Eric