L-jet problem

Ed Hilker afn14222 at afn.org
Tue Feb 25 18:59:38 GMT 1997

I'm triying to get a Fiat Spyder 2000 L-jet running after sitting for ~4 yrs.

I replaced the $300 fuel pump w/a Toyota pump from the jyard for $15.
Checked pressure, got 40 psi.  Cool.

The problem is the thing starts and then dies immediately.  I have
determined the only fuel it is getting is from the cold-start injector.
Unplug it and the car doensn't fire at all.

Is there a simple way I can check to see if the injectors are getting
current from the ECU.  I have a digital multimeter but it only samples ~2.5
times per second.  I don't think it can discern millisecond pulses.  Will a
test light do the trick?

I checked the resistance of each injector and they are all 2-3 ohms which is
good.

Is the ECU is bad?

Will an ECU from any L-jet car work?

If the tech level of this post is not appropriate to your discussion, please
let me know.

Thanks.  I look forward to your reply!
Ed Hilker
Gainesville, FL