More musings on pump capacity...

Tony Bryant Tony.Bryant at psc.fp.co.nz
Tue Feb 25 19:49:08 GMT 1997

> To shift off subject a bit I found in building a system based Bosch CIS
> components and using the ubiquitous rotary pump that it was very sensitive
> to the diameter of the inlet tubing as compared to the diameter of the
> outlet tubing.  It didn't matter what the flow was as long as the goesinta
> was bigger than the goesoutta all was ok.

Was are the symptoms of having 5/16" on either side? How do I know if
this setup will/is causing a problem?

> I also note that Bosch systems
> typically use an accumulator to take of those fast demand transients.

The 280ZX has the accumulator just next to the fuel pump i.e. miles
of 5/16" until it gets to the filter. How effectively can it
supply transient demand if it is this far away? Does the location
matter, or is it just taking up the slack in the pressure?

$$$ MAKE CAR FAST $$$
bryantt at psc.fp.co.nz